Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What drives you

For me, it’s writing.

My dream job is sitting anywhere I want for how long I want and writing. And then, of course, getting paid well to do that. I want to write whatever I feel like writing, in my own words, and make people smile, think and respond to what I have to say. Currently, I am improving my skills, being edited, trying on a new industry, and jumping head first into something that I have really enjoyed. But some days when I get a piece of paper back with hundreds of words written on them that say the same thing…with words like “perched, myriad, picturesque, scenic, blah, blah, blah”…these are not my words. They belong to someone else. I interject my way in with puns and ideas that make me smile, and just hope that they get to stay…that they get to make it through the press and on the page – forever.

I am in love with print publications. Online is fun – there is no doubt about that. But there is nothing like seeing my name under the headline (that I came up with). Nothing. The feeling is unmatched. And it is how I will spend the rest of my life: waiting for the thrill of turning another page.

No comments: