Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Ring

So, after years of wanting to be someone's fiancé (and most recently wanting to be someone in particular's fiancé), I really am. Still really new and equally really amazing, being engaged is definitely all it's cracked up to be. Without going into too much mushy, gushy love stuff, there are a few other incredible things I've learned with a new and absolutely beautiful ring on my finger - the biggest of which is the fact that my hand, and the rest of my body for that matter, have been trying for almost 2 weeks to catch up.

Let me explain: Since I got this ring, everything else I have seems way less cool. And until I get balanced again and off of this cloud, there are a few things I've been doing that were not part of my daily routine. And as unfortunate as the below may seem, this is all absolutely true...no shame, right?
  • I have shaved my legs nearly every day (if you know me, this is a huge accomplishment)
  • I don't wear any of my other rings
  • I have painted my nails, with top coat
  • I check every outfit against my ring
  • I showered on a Sunday (a serious sin in my world)
  • I have been waking up in the middle of the night to check to see if the ring is still there

Even though it may seem crazy, I think this particular obsession is quite healthy - because, honestly, this is what I think love is.

1 comment:

LinzMeaux said...

I agree. Healthy indeed. And completely COMPLETELY understandable. :)