Friday, August 28, 2009

"That's a plan!"

I was inspired this morning on my way to work to write a blog about how hilarious my mother is. Sometimes I'm not sure if she means to be funny...but holy hell, she is! There are several things I love about my mom (I know, original...right?) but one of them is that I can tell her just about everything.

So, after I get off of work today Eric & I are heading to the big SR to celebrate the annual End of Summer party at my parents' house. The party is on Saturday but we are going up tonight to get some quality time in with the parents and I am taking my mom to a wine bar as a belated bday present...anyway...not the point.

This week I found out that I have been recruited (they're calling in 3rd string here!) to go to my work's event in San Diego this weekend, which I am excited about - minus the fact that I have to fly out with several coworkers at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday morning. Well, because I sort of have a life, this ruins my plans to get wasted at my parents' party on Saturday because I will have to drive back home to be ready for the early morning airport extravaganza. And this is where my mom comes in. In our conversation this morning I say to her, "So, my plan is to get really drunk tonight so that I don't even want to drink on Saturday!" to which she replies, with little hesitation, "That's a plan!" But she says it in a way that makes me not know if she thinks that I am the biggest drunk on the planet or if she thinks I am the world's smartest person.

She just cracks me up. And if you don't think that I have the coolest mom ever you've got your own issues.

1 comment:

LinzMeaux said...

i'm pretty sure you're my favorite person ever right now. :)